We didn’t have to join the National Home Watch Association (NHWA). We chose to join because of the benefits, training and professional accreditation it provides our company. But that wasn’t the only reason—or the main reason. We understood that being an accredited member, it would benefit you, our client. Here are some of the reasons why.
The National Home Watch Association (NHWA) is a multi-national organization founded in 2009 to bring together business owners in the home watch industry and provide standards by which the members must live and operate their companies. See their Mission Statement below.
Strict Vetting Process
To become a member of the NHWA, a business owner must undergo a rigorous vetting process that includes the following. This protects you against less-than-principled companies.
- Criminal background check on all company principals
- Proper insurance coverage (general and professional liability)
- Proper bonding
- Background checks for consumer complaints through Consumer Affairs and the BBB
- Truthful website and advertising content
- Adherence to the NHWA’s Code of Ethics
- Commitment to the NHWA’s Mission Statement
Proper Insurance Coverage
Association members must carry the correct insurance classification and coverage for the type of work they do. Insurance for house sitting, janitorial services, pet sitting or security classification does not cover home watch services, which can put you in a bind if a problem occurs. Through the NHWA Insurance Program, members are ensured industry-specific coverage.
As a National Home Watch Association member, we are constantly updated with continuing education, hands-on training, conferences, and information sharing through forums. This keeps us abreast of industry and legal requirements, as well as informs us of issues that can affect our clients and teaches us how to avoid or remediate them. Our goal is to protect your property and assets in the best ways possible.
Locally Owned and Operated
Golden Rule Home Watch & Concierge is not a franchise. As a locally owned and operated company—your neighbors who share your community—the Association allows us to customize our services to meet your needs, while conforming to professional standards. In addition to our regular checklist, we can offer concierge-type services for a small additional fee. We can feed the fish, water the lawn, monitor pool services, or arrange for maintenance or contractor services, for example.
NHWA Mission Statement
We operate our business in accordance with the mission statement laid out by the National Home Watch Association. It is the mission and goal of the NHWA to:
- Establish and maintain the highest set of standards and ethics for all Home Watch companies in the United States of America and Canada;
- Establish and maintain trust and confidence between homeowners and Home Watch professionals;
- Protect the public from uninsured, unbonded and unethical individuals who represent themselves as Home Watch professionals;
- Promote public awareness of the Home Watch industry; and
- Ensure that only companies who represent the highest levels of professionalism are accredited members of the NHWA.
Choose a National Home Watch Association Member like Golden Rule Home Watch & Concierge
To receive the highest-quality service and the most ethical practices, make sure that the home watch company you choose is a member of the NHWA. With the high-value homes, luxury vehicles, and top security clearances here in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area, you shouldn’t trust your assets to anyone else.
Contact Golden Rule Home Watch for a free initial consultation.