Home Watch in Northern Virginia!
Golden Rule Home Watch & Concierge™ will keep an eye on your Northern Virginia home when you are away.
We are the innovators of the Hi-Tech Hi-Touch Home Watch System℠ which combines modern home automation technology AND people to provide comprehensive monitoring and home watch services. You DO NOT need to have someone live in your home for it to be watched and monitored. If you are asking, “who will watch my home in Northern Virginia for me when I am away”? The Golden Rule Team is the answer.
Exceptional Care for Your Home!
Hi Tech – Our portable environmental sensor technology requires no wires, drilling or fasteners. It is the same industrial grade sensing technology used by companies such as Google, 3M and Siemens to protect their facilities. Your home is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for:
- Power Failure
- Temperature Fluctuations
- Humidity Change
- Water Leaks
Hi Touch – A Golden Rule Home Watch team member visits your home weekly or bi-weekly to check everything on the exterior and interior to make sure that all is in order. Using a custom checklist developed for your home, our team members visually check for any irregularities, issues, or problems. Nothing replaces the hi-touch element of home watch…the eyes and ears of trained people.
Some of the areas inspected by the Golden Rule Team:
- Roof – signs of storm damage, missing shingles
- Gutters – presence of leaves, snow/ice buildup
- Sidewalk – any cracks, obstacles, snow/ice accumulation
- Lawn – overall condition, erosion, confirmation of lawn service, irrigation system operating normally
- Siding – Intact, no damage
- Deck – Items in place, damaged or rotten components
- Pool area – Cover in place, equipment operating
- HVAC System Operation – the home should be warm or cool as appropriate
- Breaker Panel – check for any tripped circuits
- Bathrooms – validate that toilets and sinks not leaking and are flushed or run regularly
- Kitchen – monitor for proper refrigerator/freezer operation, installation of freezer meter for awareness of any thawing
- Water – look for any leaks or signs of mold Check status of water main
- Pests – check for any signs of insects, spiders, mice
- Break-in or vandalism -visually inspect for any signs of unauthorized access
After each site visit, we send the owner a time and geo location stamped e-report of the condition of their home with photos and comments. If there is an issue then we contact the owner immediately.