When you own a home, you know that there are things you need to do to keep your house safe and functional. But what happens when you’re not there to monitor, maintain and secure your home? To avoid a potential disaster, you need Home Watch services.
Reasons Why You Need Home Watch
When you’re away from home, many bad things can happen at your house. Here are just a few of them:
- Damage from weather events
- Electrical and mechanical systems failure
- Water damage
- Mold and mildew
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Pests, including insect and rodent infestations
- Running meters
Home Watch is defined as a visual inspection of a property in order to look for obvious issues. Yet a good Home Watch company professionals can offer so much more. They look out for your property as if it were their own—on your behalf. Consider some of the concierge services that are available and customize a Home Watch program to suit your needs.
Reasons to Consider Concierge Home Watch Services
Aside from the obvious issues that can occur in a home, there are other reasons why you need Home Watch. A residential Home Watch service can provide a number of additional, convenient and necessary services. Some of these services are included in the regular Home Watch package, but others are available for a nominal add-on fee.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks such as changing filters, replacing light bulbs, cleaning dryer vents or flushing pipes
- Management of home repairs
- Clean out refrigerator and freezer
- Overseeing of maintenance or repair crews
- Lawn mowing and trimming
- Lot inspection
- Package, mail and newspaper pick-up
- Removal of sales flyers and debris
- Care of aquariums
- Care of outdoor water features like a pool, pond or fountain
- Key holder services
- Response to alarms
- Car maintenance and car starts; oil changes
- Seasonal maintenance
- Engaging alarm system upon departure (if applicable)
- Schedule house cleaning
- Preparation of home for your return
Whether you’re on a vacation or away for an extended period of time, there is no need to worry about your home when you use a professional Home Watch service.
How Do You Select Your Home Watch Company?
Trust is a huge factor when hiring a Home Watch company, and there are ways to both protect yourself and ensure peace of mind. Don’t be afraid to ask these questions:
- Are they a member of the National Home Watch Association? To be a member, a Home Watch company must be in good standing with a stellar reputation, and must adhere to strict Association standards.
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured? You can check with the local jurisdiction to ensure that your Home Watch company is licensed to do business. Ask for proof that the company is bonded and insured.
- Have they been background-checked? When you’re handing over the keys to your home, you need to trust the person or company you’re hiring. Every member of our team at Golden Rule Home Watch has undergone a stringent background check.
- Are their reviews good? Look at the online reviews about the company you’re thinking of hiring. Check their testimonials and ask if you can speak to some of their current or past clients.
- How do they handle inspections and report back to you? Ask what the procedures are and what services are included. You can always add on services as needed.
Trust Golden Rule Home Watch in Northern Virginia
Golden Rule Home Watch serves residential and commercial clients throughout the Northern Virginia area. We’ll be glad to offer you a free initial consultation. Consider the reasons to hire our Home Watch company and learn how we can make your going-away less stressful with our Home Watch services. Contact us at 855-928-2424 or [email protected].