And…do you travel for work or pleasure? Moving abroad for work? Are you a seasonal resident (snowbird)? Planning a vacation in 2018? You need Home Watch!
Golden Rule Home Watch & Concierge was created to watch homes for their owners who are away – for a week or for years. A problem with the home that occurs when the owner is away can be especially costly to repair. Imagine the mess after the water has been leaking for 2 weeks and no one knows about it….yikes!!
When we watch (and monitor) a home, our team visits the home on a regular, scheduled basis (weekly or bi-weekly) and checks the exterior and interior making sure that there are no problems.
• Driveway is clear of debris (fallen tree branches, blowing trash, parked cars that should not be there)
• All doors and windows are secure and show no signs of damage
• Check for signs of vandalism
• Check for signs of pests (insects/rodents)
• Visual check of gutters from ground (leaves, ice, plants growing)
• Pick up flyers, newspapers
• Make sure snow removal done (if/when contractor hired to do so)
• Make sure pool, hot tub covers are intact
• Validate that water main is off (always recommended)
• Check breaker panel for flipped breakers
• Visually check ceilings, windows, baseboard in all rooms for any signs of water or other damage
• Make sure that all doors and windows are secure and locked
• Check temp in refrigerator and freezer (install freezer meter to make sure no thaw and refreeze)
• HVAC system operation (via thermostat settings and verification of actual temp in home via meter)
• Adjust blinds and light timers as requested for lived in look
• Look for any signs of insects/pest infestation (pests move in to vacant properties quickly)
• Water plants
• Check every toilet, sink, tub (water zone)
After each home visit, the homeowner promptly receives a time and GPS stamped e-report.
We also use Technology for Home Watch!
Golden Rule Home Watch & Concierge also places small wireless environmental sensors in the homes that we watch to monitor 24/7 for changes in temperature, humidity and for the detection of water leaks. Our team is alerted of any change that may indicate a failing furnace in winter, failed AC in summer or a water leak from a storm. We then notify the homeowner immediately and go to the home to address any problem.
Hi-Tech Hi-Touch Home Watch—-Trained people and technology that never sleeps!
We will get your home ready for you when you come back too!
Have questions or want to learn more? Consultation is free!
Visit us at www.goldenrulhomewatch.com
[email protected] or 1-855-928-2424