Be Prepared! Every Home Should Have These Three Things. Learn More!
A complete home preparedness list would be quite long, but this is a very good start!
- Make Sure You Have the ability to Send/Receive Communication
- Always keep your portable and mobile phones charged so you can contact family, 911 and the authorities in the event of a disaster.
- Write down a hard copy list of phone numbers in case your phone’s battery goes dead.
- Have a battery powered radio (and fresh batteries).
- Be Ready for Every Season (Where You Live)
- Have clothes for each family member – Winter (undergarments, coats, hats, gloves, warm footwear). In summer (undergarments, light, but long pants, shirts, shoes, bug spray).
- Card games and coloring books for kids in case the power goes out.
- Always have at least one flashlight with extra batteries.
- Supply of Food, Water, Toiletries and Medicines
- Store one gallon of water per person per day in your home.
- Stock nonperishable foods like trail mix and energy bars for each person.
- Toothbrush/toothpaste, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, any prescription medicines
- Plan for the food and water need of your pets too.
Store the above items in plastic tubs away from pests. Check and refresh the items every six (6) months (kids grow out of clothes, food and water expire, batteries go dead).
Again, a full home preparedness list would be much longer and could include ideas on alternate shelter, water purification and other topics.
Your automobile(s) should be equipped for emergencies as well (food, water, flashlight(s), means of signaling, blanket, extra/warm clothes). Put together a small pack and keep it in the trunk. Make sure to check and restock often (batteries go dead, food/drink items expire).
It’s always better to have it and not need it vs. needing it and not having it…;-) I will say it again….Be Prepared!
See us on Face Book – https://www.facebook.com/notes/golden-rule-home-watch-concierge/be-prepared-three-things-every-home-should-have/158915491464736/